Nevsky Prospekt is the main street of St. Petersburg, where many famous sights of the city are concentrated. In this article we will tell you about the most interesting places that are worth visiting on a walk along Nevsky Prospekt.
The main places on Nevsky Prospekt
Nevsky Prospekt is the heart of St. Petersburg, where many historical sights are located. It is one of the most popular tourist streets in the city. Here are some of the main places on Nevsky Prospekt that are worth visiting:
- Russian Museum: One of the largest art museums in Russia, which is located in the old building of the Mikhailovsky Palace.
- Hermitage: One of the most famous museums in the world, which is a huge complex of buildings and art collections.
- Kazan Cathedral: A beautiful Orthodox church, which was built in the early 19th century in the style of Russian Baroque.
- House of Books: The former main bookstore in Russia, which was opened in 1902. Today it is a large shopping center with a rich selection of books and souvenirs.
- Nevsky Prospekt, 22: Here is the store “A.Lex”, where you can buy well-known Russian brands of clothing and accessories.
How to spend a day on a walk along Nevsky Prospekt
A walk along Nevsky Prospekt can take all day if you decide to visit all the main attractions. Here are some suggestions on how to spend an exciting day on a walk:
Start with breakfast in one of the cafes or restaurants on Nevsky Prospekt. A pleasant place for breakfast is the cafe “Liteyny 40”, which is located near Nevsky Prospekt. Here you can enjoy the authentic atmosphere and delicious dishes of Russian cuisine.
Then you can go to the State Russian Museum, which is one of the largest museums in Russia. The museum’s exposition includes more than 400 thousand exhibits representing various eras and art trends. Here you can learn more about Russian culture and art.
Then you can go to the Hermitage, which is one of the most famous museums in the world. The museum’s exposition includes more than 3 million exhibits representing various eras and cultures. Here you can see the works of such famous artists as Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, Van Gogh and many others.
After that, you can go to the Savior on Spilled Blood, which is one of the most beautiful churches in St. Petersburg. The temple was built on the site where Emperor Alexander II was killed. Here you can enjoy the beauty and luxury of Russian architecture.
In the evening, you can go for dinner to one of the restaurants on Nevsky Prospekt. One of the most famous restaurants is “Teahouse No. 1″. Here you can enjoy the atmosphere of the East and delicious cuisine.
Thus, a walk along Nevsky Prospekt can be a real adventure if you decide to visit all the main attractions and spend an exciting day in the cultural capital of Russia.
You can sign up for a tour by phone:
Or send a request via the feedback form on our website